Last Night I Watched...
Just watched macgruber. Never saw it when it released, but i was pleasantly surprised. Its funny.
I watched the terminator 6 movie last night. I thought it was pretty great.
I got Disney Plus today.

Checked out The Mandalorian. Im not a Star Wars fan by any means. The show had trouble finding a tone. But otherwise pretty good.
[Image: QKR7myw.jpg]
Saw Joker finally. I feel conflicted. Looked great and it was well acted. The movie was a bit boring at times, unrealistic in the middle of a fairly realistic setting, and overall didn’t feel like a story that needed to be told (if it is a one-off). More stories in that same universe would have me loving most of this movie. On its own? I could take it or leave it.
[Image: WmfNhHX.png]
Angel Has Fallen. Part three of the Fallen series. It was good but Nick Nolte stole the fucking show. He was fucking great.

Movie was 3/4 but Nick Nolte made it 4/5.
Disney+ has trigger warnings.

[Image: huxcfGZ.jpg?1]
I did the free trial on disney plus last night. Its an interesting library of movies. A bunch of old movies i havent seen since i was a little kid. But otherwise i was surprised they arent rolling this out with a fuck ton of more content.

And i didnt care for the mandalorian. I thought it was a weak opening for this big budget show. I think only die hard star wars fans are going to give a shit about it.

And while i think its a smart business decision to slowly roll out this first season, as a consumer i think this is a dumb idea. I want to fucking binge. Give me everything now.
Im actually surprised dumping seasons all at once was ever a thing considering if you release weekly you have to keep up with the subscription. But I agree. Those days are gone, give me all the content now.

There's nothing on Disney+ that I don't already have on my hard drives. Hell my Disney folder alone has more content than it does. But its an easy interface for my kid to use and $60 for a year is a helluva deal.

If you go to the shows A-Z theres a lot of hidden gems in there as well. When setting up my kids profile she was excited for tons of the shows. She's too young to navigate Kodi for all my stuff so it works out great for her.

And it allows 4 simultaneous streams so I was able to give my sisters kids a profile and they can watch it too.
Yeah it does look like a great streaming service for kids/families. Thats all well and good, but not for me. Since disney owns the fox movie studio, i’m sure it will just be a matter of time until they include their whole library of films which will probably get me interested again.
At least they didn't give Dumbo the Song of the South treatment.
[Image: Venom-Mob-Article.jpg]
« Next Oldest | The Board | Next Newest »