XFL - For the love of Football
I hope there's an Asian receiver so they can call it a 5 yard slant to the slant.
[Image: u5AkAUY.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes hedgehogg96's post
(02-10-2020, 10:31 AM)Wiggz Wrote: Seriously. What the fuck is this.

What’s Nasty Boy Faggz doing in the end zone!?
[Image: WmfNhHX.png]
Da fuck? I thought the point of those things was to keep the canvas spinning and you just throw paint at it to make cool designs. This spic is just finger painting while he makes quarter turns with the paper. Vince should have booked ICE to do a run in.
The one big thing the original XFL did right was the in-stadium entertainment/experience. You'd think Vince would have brought that along this time. Heck, even the Anaheim KISS arena football team at had Gene Simmons walking around and members of the band (and their friends) playing music during half time to all 500 people in attendance.

Both LA and Dallas were using their backup quarterbacks. Hopefully both are back and playing next week.
[Image: Venom-Mob-Article.jpg]
It'll be gone again after 1 season. That is what i'm expecting, anyways.

[Image: 19912c1e20d652e6ee3e01c6889fcd33.jpg]

I won my only xfl bet so far.. lol bob stoops rite

Xfl could work if it wasnt directly after the super bowl i think. If you could play football in middle of summer where it ends around nfl preason people would watch
This Seattle/Tampa Bay game is as embarrassingly bad as the Dallas game.
[Image: QKR7myw.jpg]
It got good in the 2nd half. Dallas will be debuting their starting QB tomorrow, while LA is expected to start their 3rd tier QB. So I expect a Dallas win.
Any thoughts as to why they are doing that? Maybe working out the kinks or saving the superior athletes for more important games?
How much have the ratings gone down in week 2 from week 1? Will this even last a whole season? The AAF didn't even make it 1 full season.

[Image: 19912c1e20d652e6ee3e01c6889fcd33.jpg]

For completely different reasons.
Well they already beat the AAF in revenue/ticket sales before the first game even kicked off so they got that going. Plus I think I heard it's already funded thru next season so unless they start drawing literally 0 people it should at least go that long. Worst case scenario they can borrow some tarps from the RAW crew to start blocking off stadiums.
It was reported that Vince himself is pledging between $375,000,000 to $500,000,000. That is enough to cover the stadiums and the entire staff for three full seasons I believe. If we pretend networks are agreeing to air it for free but keep all the ad revenue, the XFL would still stand a fighting chance if they have steady ticket sales and profitable merch.

Are they making money off of their tv deals? Probably enough to cover production costs and they likely get a cut of the ads.

Oh, and there are other investors as well. The only way this doesn’t get a third season is if ratings and attendance are so bad that no other network will take them (including cable) or if Vince dies and no one in his family cares about the future of the XFL.

By spending that much money, Vince pretty much guaranteed that the XFL will be a “success” in that it can’t or won’t end after just one year. Even if it sucks and they have to treat it like paid advertisement or air it on the WWE Network...they will at least finish a second season and I’m willing to put money on that.
(02-15-2020, 11:03 PM)SHC Wrote: Any thoughts as to why they are doing that?
Pre-season injuries. And our starting QB did actually start this game. So two guys playing their first games with limited practice. Sucked until the 4th quarter when both offenses seemed to gel.
« Next Oldest | Sports | Next Newest »