Chicago or Bust
Me and the lady are headed there next weekend. Getting there Friday night and leaving Monday afternoon.

What were your favorite things about visiting there? Sears Tower is at the top of my list for this visit but what else did you like to seeing or doing?

We will also be there in November for about five days so even if we can’t get around to your suggestions this time, I’ll keep them in mind for the return visit.
[Image: WmfNhHX.png]
Are you going to All Out?

Me and Avalos did a crash tour of Chicago. We seen it all in like an hour.

Do not go to sears/willis tower if its Foggy and/or Raining. You cant see shit. But be sure to jump around in the skydeck. Its exhilarating.

Don't eat at Giadornos Pizza unless you have no other plans. Thats the longest I ever waited for food in my life.

Wrigley Field was a cool to see in real life. There will be trannies asking for cigarettes, charge them a dollar.

Only thing I wanted to do that I didnt was go to Navy Pier.
[Image: QKR7myw.jpg]
I hear the South/Southwest areas are nice to walk around in. Especially at night, I guess they have some kind of firework show in the neighborhoods.
[Image: u5AkAUY.gif]
[+] 2 users Like hedgehogg96's post
If you are there for All Out, I would suggest against going to Starrcast, but then again I had a bad experience you could have a good one. If you are paying in advance to meet anyone, try and only meet the super big AEW Stars like an Omega or something, or Indy guys who aren’t on the show, less of a chance day of event they don’t show.

Honestly, we weren't in Chicago that long, while Wiggz and Avalos did a quick tour of Chicago, me and my ol lady were at Starrcast.

I guess eat White Castle?! Ya, eat White Castle. That was bomb Friday night when we got there haha.
Also you may not wanna go up top on Sears Tower, after Wiggz did his leap there was a story that came out legit about cracks and it not being safe hahaha!
(08-22-2019, 09:55 AM)Wiggz Wrote: Are you going to All Out?

Do not go to sears/willis tower if its Foggy and/or Raining. You cant see shit. But be sure to jump around in the skydeck. Its exhilarating.

Don't eat at Giadornos Pizza unless you have no other plans. Thats the longest I ever waited for food in my life.

Wrigley Field was a cool to see in real life. There will be trannies asking for cigarettes, charge them a dollar.

Only thing I wanted to do that I didnt was go to Navy Pier.

Yes I'll be doing All Out but that is the only wrestling thing I will be doing that weekend.

Sears Tower is a must. All 3 days will be partially cloudy so I guess I will just have to hope for the best.

Good to know about the pizza. I plan on figuring out restaurants once I finally decide upon activities and pick a hotel. You are the 2nd or third person who has mentioned that place so perhaps I should save it for another visit as it doesn't sound like it is worth waiting for.

I want to tour Wrigley or go to a game there but I don't think I can fit that in on this trip. They won't be doing it in November so I guess I will have to drive past it or something. Were you guys able to stop outside of it/somewhat close to it?

And I'm going to try and do Navy Pier but it isn't high on my list. I think we will be there for a boat tour or something but I haven't checked into that for sure.
(08-22-2019, 10:20 AM)dead Wrote: If you are there for All Out, I would suggest against going to Starrcast, but then again I had a bad experience you could have a good one. If you are paying in advance to meet anyone, try and only meet the super big AEW Stars like an Omega or something, or Indy guys who aren’t on the show, less of a chance day of event they don’t show.

Honestly, we weren't in Chicago that long, while Wiggz and Avalos did a quick tour of Chicago, me and my ol lady were at Starrcast.

I guess eat White Castle?! Ya, eat White Castle. That was bomb Friday night when we got there haha.

Nope, Starrcast looks like a clusterfuck. They will only let you into their shows/seminars with a wristband and those are waaaay over priced. And there is no 1 day option; you must purchase it for all 4 days or whatever. I'm not going to drop hundreds of dollars to watch CM Punk and JR do seminars with smelly marks. I also don't like autograph sessions and shit. Doing that at an indy show is fine, meeting people in a real setting is even better, but I am not a fan at all of autograph signings and conventions...although I do like merch booths and seeing historic items on display.

I have White Castle where I live...meh. I mean its fine, I suggest people at least try it, but I wouldn't say go out of your way for it unless you have tried other local favorites.

I'm sure I could crack the class without jumping but I will give it a shot anyway! Did you or anyone else do that other tower? The one with the TILT "ride" or whatever?
Maybe I just didn't do enough research, but in all my trips to Chicago I never really saw anything particularly interesting or noteworthy that I could recommend. It was one of the most boring "big cities" I've been to. Their big claims to fame seem to be mostly food related (Pizza, sausages, etc), so I guess look that shit up. Parking was always a pain in the ass (Unlike NYC, where parking is generally easy, but expensive) and I've rarely been visiting places that could be reached using rail. Navy Park and the giant silver jelly bean in Millenium Park are the only things I can think of. There was also a really cool (hipstery) area in one of the ethnic neighborhoods, but I've forgotten which one.
[Image: Venom-Mob-Article.jpg]
Yeah, we took a Uber right to the front gate of Wrigley. There wasn't a game or anything. We just walked around and took some pictures. Nothing spectacular.

Oh and we went to Pro Wrestling Tees. I walked out with a lot more than I meant to. Spent like $300 when all I wanted was one thing. Its different than shopping online when its all right there in your hand.
If youre looking to do anything else wrestling related I know there is a GCW show and a AAW show right around that time.
I considered but I really didn’t want to drive all over town and make this into a full wrestling trip. November is a different story....
Wiggz going by Pro Wrestling Tees was the only thing I was like daaaaamn really wish I woulda done that instead of starrcast. T-shirt’s were absolutely dismal in selection at Starrcast, with High spots being one of the only people selling.
Spray paint Lions Rule on Soldier Field fam, that'd be a grate memeory.
[+] 3 users Like Fro's post
Also spray painting WWE 4 Lyfe on the pro wrestling tee's store would be pretty grate.
[Image: u5AkAUY.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes hedgehogg96's post
Whatever you do, stay in the white areas, and you won’t become one of the like 45 people that will be shot this weekend in Chicago. I take it back, at least a few random shootings will happen outside the deep ghetto. At least 5 or 6 people gonna die from these gun shots.
« Next Oldest | The Board | Next Newest »