The PWG Legacy
Just for fun, thought I'd take a look at the first ever PWG show and see who is still active in wrestling.

Super Dragon - Booker/Promoter PWG. Last of the PWG 6 to still be heavily involved.
Excalibur - AEW Commentator
AJ Styles - Working at an indy promotion known as WWE
Scorpio Sky - AEW
Rick Knox - AEW/Lucha Underground
Matt Cross (M-Dogg 20) - Lucha Underground / Indy
Frankie Kazarian - AEW
Zokre - Still active on the SoCal Indy scene + Lucha VaVoom. Trainer at Santino Brothers.
The Ballard Brothers - Indy Scene
Sara Del Ray - Trainer/Coach NXT
Ryan Drago - Worked WWE as Simon Gotch, now back in the indy scene as Simon Grimm
Aaron Aguilera - Still on the indy scene
[Image: Venom-Mob-Article.jpg]
Man sucks, my normal sources that upload PwG to watch haven’t been doing it for awhile. Looks like I will have catch on Tamia moving forward.
[Image: QKR7myw.jpg]
Didn’t know Gotch went back that long.
[Image: WmfNhHX.png]
Yeah, that was a surprise to me as well. Always weird to see guys doing this for 20 years being signed to NXT as a young up and commer.
I really wish PWG never moved venues... everytime they upload a preview of their dvd coming out I’m like damnit. That tiny ass room with everyone pounding on the mat made it a dream to want to goto BOLA. Very fuckin punk rock. Now I don’t know if I even care anymore.

I still do care about BOLA this year, I do wanna see that. Just not enough to fly to LA anymore.
It was pretty much out of their hands as the building was being torn down as I recall. I do think the new venue is a little too nice but I actually liked it so much better. The Legion Hall was just too small for that many people, difficult to get a drink, and I never bothered with their restrooms.
Oh damn, I didn’t know the building was being torn down, I always thought it was a they just outgrew it’s size.
Nah. The building was sold (I think the asking price was $2M). I don’t know if they have torn it down yet, but I recall hearing they allowed people to tear pieces to take with them after the last show.
Here is the 2019 BOLA lineup, one of the best they have ever had!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

« Next Oldest | Wrestling | Next Newest »