The VR Thread
So Oculus has officially announced that you'll be able to play Rift games on the Quest via USB connection to your PC. So that's a step in the right direction, don't know how I feel about being tethered, but will wait to see how it compared to Virtual Desktop.
[Image: Venom-Mob-Article.jpg]
https://www.oculus.com/blog/oculus-conne...-and-more/

Quote:At OC6, we’re demoing hand tracking on Quest, which will launch in early 2020 as an experimental feature for consumers and as an SDK for developers. In the future, this technology could help solve the challenges of input for AR glasses, letting you seamlessly interact with ambient AR experiences. Click here to learn more.

Oculus Link
Oculus Link is a new way for people who own Quest and a gaming PC to access content from the Rift Platform. We’ll release the software in beta this November, as an update to our Oculus desktop app, and it will work with most high-quality USB 3 cables. Later this year, we’ll also release a premium optical fiber cable to provide a best-in-class experience with maximum throughput to run Rift content and enough length so you can move easily in VR.

Passthrough+ leverages the headset’s front facing cameras for a stereo-correct passthrough mode that reduces depth disparity and increases comfort. Passthrough+ launches next week, while Passthrough “on demand” will let people switch between a view of the virtual and real world at will, starting later this year.

We’re bringing a variety of popular Oculus Go apps to Quest. Between now and the end of the year, we’ll also offer free upgrades for owners of paid Oculus Go apps, so you can get the Quest version if it already exists. Starting next week, you can access more than 50 Oculus Go titles on Quest.

Today, we announced that people have spent $100M USD on the Oculus Store and 20% of that is from Quest alone

Facebook Horizon is the first step into an ever-expanding world of connection and exploration where anything becomes possible. Explore new places, play games, build communities, and even create your own entirely new experience with easy-to-use tools like World Builder that require no coding skills.

Mixed Reality Capture for Quest
We recently shipped the ability for developers to make mixed-reality videos, with support in our Unity and Unreal Integrations. Today, we announced that we’ll be adding native support later this fall, along with a tool to make it just as easy for content creators to produce mixed-reality videos.
All tremendous things.

[Image: QKR7myw.jpg]
End Space is DOPE if you haven't tried it yet.

Went through about 5 or 6 new games last night. End Space was by far the best of the ones I played. Wands was pretty fucking gay. Theres a game there somewhere, but its a fucking mess.
[Image: QKR7myw.jpg]
Space shooters aren't really my thing, but I'll give it a shot. Got the new Vader downloaded, might get time to play tonight.
« Next Oldest | Games | Next Newest »