The VR Thread
(06-11-2019, 02:25 PM)Wiggz Wrote: Virtual Desktop added support for launching steamVR through the Quest without having to use Riftcat or AVLR. Going to try it when I get home.

Apparently Oculus forced them to pull support for this.

Quote:Hi guys, I'm sorry to announce this but Oculus doesn't want the SteamVR streaming feature in their store. I've been developing in VR for 5+ years and as some of you may know, I like to experiment and push the envelop with the tech. I saw the ability to stream VR content from your PC as a very cool idea. I thought it would be a perfect fit for my app since it already gives you access to your computer. Like a nice bonus feature. I worked on this for months and was eager to improve the functionality as I received your feedback over the last few days but according to Oculus, I am hurting Quest..[/font][/color]

I will look into providing a separate APK with the VR streaming functionality enabled and make it available through SideQuest over the next few days.[/font][/color]
[Image: Venom-Mob-Article.jpg]
Assuming you already have all the drivers and shit installed on your computer.

First thing you're gonna need is SideQuest. If you don't have drivers, sidequest will help you with those too

https://github.com/the-expanse/SideQuest.../tag/0.3.2

Once thats installed connect your Quest to your pc. Then you need some apks.

Here are all the games that have been craked so far.

Hidden Content
You must register or login to view this content.

Once you have the apk. Simply drag it and drop it into Sidequest and wait for it to install.

If the mega link contains a folder along with the apk, those are the obb files. You need to copy that folder to the root/android/obb folder of the Quest after installing the apk. Only a few of those games require that folder. The rest are just apks.

Slap your quest on your nugget, go to the library and then to unknown sources tab.

Enjoy.

I tested every game. They all work.
[Image: QKR7myw.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Wiggz's post
This is the source of those apks. Its a clusterfuck to read through, but there's a link to their discord in there somewhere which is much easier to navigate.

Hidden Content
You must register or login to view this content.
Thanks, will give this a shot tonight.
If you install app launcher from SideQuest, you can have a little interface to see installed apks rather than deciphering them from the unknown sources menu. Obviously you can sideload however you prefer, but SideQuest makes it super easy to install and uninstall shit. They have some other apks in there as well.
Got it all up and running, seems to work a-ok. Only problem I've run into is the SideQuest launcher will play sound, but won't go full 360. Instead the virtual "TV" just goes solid black. But I can launch just fine from the regular interface.
I had a similar problem. When installing apks then disconnecting the headset the audio was funky but rebooting the headset made it go away.
I checked on their discord, they said their launcher is only for non VR apks.
Virtual Desktop with SteamVR support has been added to Side Quest, requires the Oculus Store version to run.
I think I found the perfect app to get Alex to purchase a Quest:
This apparently helps a lot if you have the problem of the Quest pushing in too hard on your cheeks.
https://www.studioformcreative.com/produ...trap-black
Nice. It fucking digs into my face.
List of compatible Go, GearVR, and Android APKs for sideloading.
list?https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TcSuhQ3tup7BxXBfys9xRV6oAYiAkTY_mTxj9086F30/edit#gid=1461782654
(06-16-2019, 10:01 PM)Hitchcock Wrote:

I just want to know the name of the app.
@VirtAMate
« Next Oldest | Games | Next Newest »