Blood Red Insertion thread (The Official Red Dead Thread)
I just started chapter 3. When I turn it on I really don't feel driven to want to do missions. I just fuck around. I'll beat the story eventually. I'm milking the shit out of it.
[Image: JayD5ivE.png]
[+] 2 users Like 5150's post
Ya I’ll beat the story before the Online hits eventually
[Image: QKR7myw.jpg]
I was trying to get ahead of spoilers and I really wanted to know how it would end. When things start falling apart I got super invested in to story.
I'm sure when I get deep enough it will suck me in. This whole world is so engaging. It's brilliant.
I went back to an old save and explored for like a half hour and already found new stuff. The world is crazy active.
How many chapters are there?
I think there are 6 chapters and 2 epilogues. The epilogues are boring though and weird. But worth playing still.
I read that there are side missions that go away over time. So I try to do any side or stranger missions I come across. I really don't mind if this game takes me 6 months to finish. It's a blast
[+] 1 user Likes 5150's post
(11-03-2018, 02:53 PM)5150 Wrote: I just started chapter 3. When I turn it on I really don't feel driven to want to do missions. I just fuck around. I'll beat the story eventually. I'm milking the shit out of it.

Same. Missions are such a distraction from enjoying the game.
[+] 1 user Likes kush's post
[Image: lql4zb3xscw11.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like kush's post
ive been the same. done barely anything in the story
(10-28-2018, 08:16 AM)5150 Wrote: This is the first game in a long time I've had fun doing pretty much nothing. I'm slowly going through this because I keep just wondering and getting amazed at the detail of the entire world. The game isn't a perfect 10, but the graphics and setting is a perfect 10. Rockstar choose some stupid ways to lay out menus and just how certain things work. Plus, the cinematic mode is garbage. I've used it 4 times and every time theres a point where my house kill me by wrecking into things or straight up stops after running fine for 4-5 minutes prior.

Once you enter cinematic mode just press and hold x to run and leave it. Your horse sticks to the road and you can set the controller down for a second. The only peoblem is ya gotta keep an ear out for side quests and random people yelling along the roads.
"grow the fuck up and beef it out on drunken late night phone calls like adults"
I knew to hold X and stuff. I do that, my horse is just retarded. Tries to go around other people in the road and hits rocks and trees. Sometimes it will just straight up stop running. I've gotten to where I just like riding around on the horse. So no need for cinematic mode. I've been known to literally ride from one side of the map to the other for no reason at all. Just enjoying the ride and view.
The cinematic ride after Chapter 4 with the music playing is fucking amazing.
Why is fist fighting the most inconsistent shit on this game. The block button is useless and 80% of the time I beat the shit out of people. But that other percentage the dude takes 50 hits and kills me with 5 punches. Then when I restart from checkpoint, the same dude that killed me goes down with 2 hits.
I block with no issues, don't know what you're talking about.
[Image: Venom-Mob-Article.jpg]
I'm talking about pushing L2 and it not doing a fucking thing.

Shooting is pretty fucking shitty on the game too.
of course its shitty. its shitty guns. no automatics or rpgs here buddy.
There's your problem, L2 isn't block. Hold Square to block.

Basically hold square and block. Then when your attacker pauses punch the shit out of him. When he starts swinging again, hold square until your counter or he pauses.
[Image: Venom-Mob-Article.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Hitchcock's post
That's the info I need. I swear the early tutorial said L2.
« Next Oldest | Games | Next Newest »