Playstation VR
I got Playstation VR with all the Christmas money I got. It came in Thursday but only had time to get it hooked up. Yesterday though. I was pretty much plugged in all day. From 4am to 4am last night.

Now I was an adamant hater of the peripheral when it was announced and released. Even though I had never done VR. My memories of VR from the 90s really had a lot to do with that. Also the cost was off putting. But now its a little more reasonable.

So before yesterday I had never done VR. And now I feel like I have seen the future. This is early tech and its simply mesmerizing. It blew my mind. I haven't had this much fun gaming in years.

Being able to turn completely around and be in the game world is so fucking cool. Using the video apps available to watch VR videos is a blast. And Ive had just as much fun watching other people play as I have playing myself. The headset and headphones completely drown out the real world. You look absolutely ridiculous to those watching you play.

I tried every available demo and made a few purchases based on them. I cant wait to get the PS Aim controller and try out Farpoint.

If you're skeptical of PSVR, I understand. I was too. But I am extremely happy with my purchase.

I think in a few years this will be how we play all video games and watch all movies and television. One youtube type app has a video and it puts you front row of the Triple G vs. Canelo fight. It was so badass. There is money to be made there. Being able to virtually attend sporting events. Goddamn.

I can tell its awesome because its one of those gadgets I cant wait for my friends to come over and try it. Everyone needs to experience it.

My kid is 5. When I was five the peak of technology was fucking NES. What are they gonna have when my kid is 33?
[Image: QKR7myw.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like Wiggz's post
I can't fucking wait to get mine.

I made the statement about 2 years that I predicte in the future you'll be able to pay like half price for "virtual tickets" to sporting events. How fucking bad ass would it be to watch WrestleMania from your living room but still be transported ringside for which ever match you choose.
[Image: JayD5ivE.png]
Thats honestly my favorite possibility with VR. The boxing match was so fucking dope. Like you can look to your left and right and see the people sitting next to you. Turn completely around and see the guy behind you and the whole crowd.

The possibility is super exciting.
I hate on VR, but events Front row in VR would be fucking dope!
I did a VR experience in Vegas. It was shit that was straight out of the 90s. Waste of time and money.

I don't hate the idea of VR but I don't yet have a desire or use for it. Once WWE puts some shit out or once Rockstar develops a game for VR, I will be down.
[Image: WmfNhHX.png]
I wish I could try this, i've been out touch with video games for years but this is something that could get me back into video games. You need a PS4 just use the VR set, right? I wish the video game stores around here had a display so I could try it.
[Image: 2qbeluq.jpg]

Yeah. I just have the original PS4. Not a pro. I already had the camera and Move controllers, so just bought the PSVR Headset. It has its own box which connects to the ps4 and TV then leads to the VR headset. It looks complicated and was one thing that put me off about it when it was released, but its quite simple and not an issue.

Im loving it. My woman absolutely despises video games and even she had to admit how cool it was.

Ive tried every demo I could and there are a few games that are absolute shit, but the ones that do it right, goddamn amazing. VR Worlds specifically. Its a $20 game with 5 or 6 games on it that show off everything it can do. If I had to show someone one game first, thats what I would start with.

I think one thing that made me hate on it were youtube videos of gameplay. They look like shit. For example, the game Job Simulator. When youre in VR its amazing and fascinating. But yesterday my wife played it and it shows what she sees on the TV, and it is nothing like what you really see in the VR headset. Its impossible for it to translate to a flat tv. Being that I had played it already, made me realize that noone should base their opinion on games from videos or reviews. It has to be experienced.

You should be able to find a demo station near you with this locator.
https://www.playstation.com/en-us/explor...ial/#trial

Im convinced anyone who talks shit about PSVR hasnt actually tried it. I know, I was one of those people. But I was bored and had the money so I took a shot. I just dont see how anyone who has tried it could not be blown away. Just the thought of the future possibilities is enough to keep me interested.
I found a couple places within driving range of me, thanks. Yeah it does look kinda confusing the way its set up, i'm not gonna even lie to you I am so out of touch with newer games the last system I owned was the original Xbox. I wanted to get a 360 back when they were still fairly new but the red ring of death thing put me off and I just lost interest in video games in general. I wouldn't be at all surprised if I had a little bit of trouble just setting up a new system on its own lol. Too bad that new Friday the 13th game isn't in VR but maybe a game like that wouldn't be that great in that format anyways.
[Image: 2qbeluq.jpg]

A VR hide and seek game would be dope.

In Resident Evil 7 you can use your body to hide behind walls, crouch behind couches and stuff. Its really cool. So a hide and seek style game could probably work.
I see you playin that Job Simulator all the time now. Boy went and got himself a job haha!
agag

I Platinumed that shit real quick.

Its usually not me. Like today my mom came over and played VR for like 6 hours. Im usually showing people and that ones funny.

Now that Accounting + game. Goddamn. Funny as fuck. Made by the the Rick and Morty guys. Its fantastic.
That VR Rick & Morty game does look pretty fuckin badass
(01-07-2018, 06:26 PM)SHC Wrote: I did a VR experience in Vegas. It was shit that was straight out of the 90s. Waste of time and money.

I don't hate the idea of VR but I don't yet have a desire or use for it. Once WWE puts some shit out or once Rockstar develops a game for VR, I will be down.
http://www.wwe.com/article/wwe-nextvr-vi...78705361=1
(01-09-2018, 06:40 PM)dead Wrote: That VR Rick & Morty game does look pretty fuckin badass

Platinumed that shit too last night.
(01-10-2018, 02:17 AM)Wiggz Wrote:
(01-07-2018, 06:26 PM)SHC Wrote: I did a VR experience in Vegas. It was shit that was straight out of the 90s. Waste of time and money.

http://www.wwe.com/article/wwe-nextvr-vi...78705361=1
I want full events damn it. Hell, I want to go back in time and be there at Wrestlemania III!

How does it feel to play normal games while using the VR headset?
Its alright. It basically looks like a giant theater screen. There are three size screens. I prefer medium. Theres going to be an update that allows different thrater environments.

The Hulu app has them. Its like sitting in a movie theater. You can see seats, exit sogns etc. But thats only in Hulu. Their supoosed to add similar stuff to cinematic mode soon.

I don't see myself playing regular games on it very often.
Does it actually feel like it's a big screen? Or is it just fake looking bullshit?
No. Looks like a giant fucking screen.

The Hulu theater is really awesome. It looks like an Imax screen.

The default cinematic mode is cool but itll look a lot better once it does the virtual theater like hulu.
Are there people in the Theatre? Or are the seats empty?

Would be hilarious if it put all the users of Hulu VR in the same theatre, and you could throw popcorn at other VR users haha.
Empty seats but they have said they plan on having like Chat Party options were you can watch with a group of 8 people.
« Next Oldest | Games | Next Newest »